amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

9.27.2007

the greatest

it's 12:19 and way past my bedtime. i'm listening to cat power, and deciding that updating my blog is something that i can do to hopefully pass enough time for me to feel tired again.

even though i've been tired all week. working the evening shift at work, and then on call at night. i've been lucky - no calls the past two nights. but karma has run out. maybe i shouldn't have beaten that old lady down and taken her ice cream. because tonight. three calls. two of which resulted in me going back into the hospital. one of which resulted in me getting out of my cozy bed 40 minutes ago.

yup. saving lives.

and stressing out.

eight ours of work, and thirteen hours of sitting by your pager wondering if it's going to go off at 3am. it's exhausting. lately, i've been taking work home with me - mentally - and second guessing myself about actions that i take during the day. things i should have done, things i could have done differently. it's not fun. i want to leave work and not have fifty thousand thoughts running through my head.

i think it's late, so i'm in a complaining mood. but i have three more days of this shit, and it sucks. so i need to complain. and it's my blog, so i get to complain all i want.

i also get to talk about how i sat next to a provincial mla on my flight home from vancouver last week, and how he loves liquidation world, and how he called me fly. actually, he called me fliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. in a high pitched voice as one would imagine will smith as the fresh prince of bel air would say it.

i wish that at this minute i was on whatever he was on.

2 Comments:

  • First: "yup. saving lives. and stressing out." But not pushing carts? That's what you're missing.

    Second: My first thought with MLA is Modern Language Association, so it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about.

    Good for you for saving lives, even if it means you stay up late.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 PM  

  • First: I total was thinking about "pushing carts and breaking hearts" this week.
    Second: Ky, you're a nerd.

    By Blogger Teacher Lady, at 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home