amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

3.24.2007

oceans won't freeze so losen your heart

today at starbucks i experienced sensory overload.

the first being olifactory, where i happened to be unfortunately exposed to the most pungent, putrid and pterrifying* smell ever. i decided that before picking up my grande non-fat earl grey vanilla tea misto (say that three times fast) i should use the facilities. bad choice, as the world's ugliest baby with the world's smelliest baby shit happened to wander in after me and proceed to be changed. trying not to gag and quickly wash one's hands is a true test in personal hygiene. how badly do you want to have clean hands versus how badly do you want to breathe clean air? i opted for an equal balance of both, cheaped out on the drying stage and got the heck out of there on the verge of throwing up lunch.

my visual experience happened to be much more enjoyable. the cutest boy ever was a few people ahead of me in line ordering a coffee...and carrying a book! i wanted to marry him. not only was he cute - but he was at starbucks by himself with a book! i secretly cursed myself under my breath for not having brought a book with me in case of emergency. but i won't make that mistake again. i didn't care that i had an agenda to run some errands - i would have plunked myself down and read my book...aka pretended to read my book and stared at the cute boy. i won't be so underprepared next time.

and then, my london fog was yummy.

that's all.

*i just wanted some alliteration on a rainy saturday afternoon...cut a girl some slack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home