amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

6.29.2006

i've got mail!

so, this is the first time in my life i'm really living on my own. you know, really out there. no roommates. no fish. no parents. no nobody.

and part of living on your very own - so i'm learing - is paying "the bills".

now, i like having a telephone. so i can talk to people. so, when i moved to this new place, i signed up for phone service. then, like magic, one day i got a phone bill in the mail. "yes!" i thought to myself. now i can feel like a real adult and pay a bill. whoo!

so, a cheque was written, a stamp was bought, and the bill was mailed away...never to be seen again.

then today i arrive home from a day at work to see i've actually got mail again! "wow, i'm getting something else from the phone people already?" i thought. it was like christmas had come early.

so, i eagerly sat at my desk with my diet pepsi, ready to relax and open my mail. but wait! something catches my eye.

that return address....that handwriting...sure looks familiar. sure looks like i wrote it three days ago.

shit.

that address in the little plastic window?...sure looks like my address.

shit shit shit.

guess who put her bill in backwards and mailed her MOTHERF*CK*NG bill right back to herself?

yours truly.

thank you. i'll be here all week. try the steak.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home