amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

2.14.2006

vancity!

i'm going to start with only a few picks from my trip to vancouver, since blogger is being dumb
and won't let me load everything up. so here it is....some photo documentation of my four day whirlwind spree to beautiful british columbia.















let's start with a view from my hotel window, downtown. the place has floor to ceiling windows, which makes from some great views. especially at night, when you turn off all the lights and look accross the way into other people apartments. or in the morning, when boys stand shirtless on their balconies.















another super zoom view from the hotel. the weather was beautiful the whole time we were there - i didn't see a drop of rain. sunny, blue skies, and plus fifteen, which made for lots of crazies, and birds swooping at my head. don't miss-read that. no crazies swooped at my head...just birds.















this is the 'view' looking out over the sandwich place we had lunch at. it touted panoramic views, but really it was this little balcony looking over the train yard. if you stood up, and looked around the corner, you could see things. this is the pan-pacific hotel, for hoitey toities.















i walked around this one part of town for an hour and a half, basically down one side of the street and up the other. and dang-it if i didn't see this store. now what the heck am i supposed to name my clothing store when it opens? all the good ones are taken. spank, zellers....what's next: the gap?

this is a tree. it is tall.















some of you may wonder what a 23 year-old almost professional likes to do in vancouver. why, it's obvious: visit the storyeum!! we went to this super crap-ola dinosaur exhibit, where my dad and i were the only people. generally, kids attend also, so the presentation by 'dinosaur dan' for just me and my dad was a little much. the part where the anamatronic t-rex started roaring would have made me drop one in my pants had i been seven.

but the vancouver aquarium made up for the lack of greatness at the storyeum. there is something about going to that place that makes me infinitely happy. perhaps part of it was the fact that tag, the gigantic sea lion, sprayed gross water on me.

or maybe it was the otters. i can safely say that otters are my most favourite thing in the universe. and the little boy standing next to me yelling 'i want to take them home' agrees. so cute! i want to shove them in my mouth.

and dolphins are fun too. and smart. i'm going to enlist one to write my exam in may. and hire one on to play on my pro bball team which i'll be starting. also to feature dave coullier.

and the last photo for part one involves this creepy octopus, sure to scare the pants off any and all readers. it did this weird circuit, where it squished itself behind this rock, came out the other side, then shot it's way back around bonking into the glass on the other side of the tank, before squishing behind the rock again. this picture was taking semi-shooting into glass on side of tank. i think if i was an octopus, i wouldn't mate with this octopus, even if it was the last one on earth. it's gross.

next post will feature more pictures from the aquarium, including the inspiration behind finding nemo, and i will address a question regarding the sexuality of one of our favourite characters.

1 Comments:

  • Oh no! What character?

    At the aquarium, did you get kidnapped by rogue pollutors who are part of a big corporation, and did Doc Roberts or possibly Jonah rescue you? Just wondering.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home