amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

1.24.2006

crazy insane, not insane crazy

okay, so i'm sure that everybody else would be better at naming five oddities about me, but since i have not yet listed them myself, here i go. ky did this. and it turns out, she is almost as crazy as me.

#1. i hate swimming in places where i can't see the bottom (ie: lakes). the fear of what my feet touch under the murky water freaks me out. mostly, i'm afraid of fish, and dead bodies. especially that one summer, when we kept calling the lake water 'dead juice' after that dead guy washed ashore. baaaaaarf! oh, and i hate being in deep ends of swimming pools alone. all this swimming stuff is especially strange, since for most of my life i have been heavily involved in activities which require me to be in a swimming pool.

#2. i have seen 'bring it on' so many times that i can probobly recite it line by line. the funny part is, i watch it because i like it. this is not a democracy, it's a cheerocracy.

#3. when i go to the fridge to pour myself a drink (ie: milk, water) i always leave the fridge door open. i'm sure that everyone i have ever lived with finds this habit the most annoying. both my parents, and my roommate always come along and shut the door. but hello! it takes what - ten seconds to pour a drink? it's not like all the food is going to spoil. it just takes so much more effort to re-open that dang door.

#4. i rarely rent movies that aren't new releases. i find the task of sorting through all the old movies overwhelming. if i don't see something i like on the new release shelf, i generally leave the video store. or, i'll end up renting something old that i've already seen.

#5. i get easily angered and vengeful towards poor salespeople. i generally make it my mission then to be a poor customer (sorry lyn, you're going to think i'm a bitch). for example. last week, i was buying a pair of boots at a store where i know the clerks get commission. and we're not talking cheap boots. it would have been worth the stupid boy's time to help me. 'size 9 please' i say. he basically grabbed the boots, put the box infront of me and walked away. so, i was left to myself to pull all the paper shit out of them, try them on, and carry them to the cash. the thing is, there was nobody else in the store except for some other girls that another sales clerk was helping. so, at the cash, when asked who was helping me, ("the girl or the guy") i looked into the eyes of the cashier and said, "the girl". screw you bad shoe boy. no shoe for you!

4 Comments:

  • Dude, that guy had it coming. Although, I actually really hate it when shoe salespeople stand beside me while I try shoes on. Mostly because I have man-feet and feel like I'm being judged.
    But when a salesperson is being sucky, you have every right to be a bitch right back. It's when someone says "How are you today?" and the response they get is "I'm just looking" that I get ticked. Is it so effing hard to just say "I'm fine thanks. How are you?" Seriously.
    I know you'd never do that though.

    By Blogger LynnieC, at 9:32 PM  

  • I am completely the same way about video stores. Even if there is an old movie that I've been dying to see, unless I think of it at home and go there strictly for the purpose of finding that movie, I never touch the oldies.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7:08 AM  

  • I remember Ky talking about "dead juice". She was clearly there. Or we all clearly talk about everything.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 9:14 PM  

  • yes, it was a summer when we were at the cabin. and we were on the dock, threatening to flick said 'dead juice' at one another. baaarrrf.

    By Blogger justanothergirl, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home