amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

2.07.2006

brick man say what?

today at work the brick had a table set up giving away free mugs with flyers stuffed in them. the swag whore that i am, went over to the table to grab whatever freebies i could get my hands on. there were two styles of mugs to choose from, one with the words 'the big one' and the picture of some brick credit card, the other with the pictures of those dang maytag dudes. i was rooting through which one to choose, when the guy from the brick (gfb) told me (jag) i should pick the one with the maytag guys. our conversation was as follows:

jag: "are there just two styles?"
gfb: "yes. you should take the one with the picture of the maytag guys"
jag: "no thanks. that's not what i like to see first thing in the morning"
gfb: "oh yeah? you'd rather see a big one in the morning, is that it?"

i then grabbed my mug, said "uhhhhh...." gave him a look which said, 'you're crazy and just said something inappropriate to a stranger' and walked away. now i own a tained mug, and my brain is sad.

but i bought two cd's today. city and colour sometimes, and gorillaz demon days. i'm going to spend my night avoiding work, avoiding laundry, and eating pizza and watching house. booyeah.

1 Comments:

  • There is something furniture salesmen. When I was in grade 12, I was avoiding a salesmen who told me I had "long, beautiful hair". I finally lost him and I was looking at a hide-a-bed. He came up behind and said "you know that turns into a bed." It was creeeeeeeepy. Then he gave me his phone number and told me to call him sometime. Yeah, what 17 year old girl who wants to date an incredibly short, furniture saleman with a greasy comb over? Not I, not I.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home