amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

1.05.2006

i know, i know

i haven't posted in years. but to my defence, i have been busy, our computer room was taken over by visiting family, and my life just plain isn't that interesting.

but that is changing - i'm still busy, but the family is now gone, and my life is getting a wee bit more exciting.

the rounds and rounds of interviews are finally finished. i ranked my choices for hospital residencies, and now i just have to wait and see. eleven short days until the verdict. i had a very promising interview with a chap from victoria yesterday, so if ottawa doesn't pan out, it sounds like the queen city part deux just might.

i just finished day two of my first internship for this semester. i'm in a hospital here in ottawa, and i think it's going to be a blast - my preceptor is fun like a barrel of monkeys, and the other pharmacist there is this little french lady who said 'hell' today and made me pee in my pants juuuust a lil' bit. i love it when prim little ladies swear at work. it gets me every time.

cool things are going to be coming along with this internship - i touched this dude's arm yesterday who was getting dialysis, and the vein felt totally cool. i've got an opportunity to shadow an anesthesiologist for a day, so that would be interesting as well. i have to do some huge presentation to diabetic patients next week all by myself, so that is going to be interesting. i hope they leave their tomatos at home and don't boo me off the stage - but i'm going to wear my old clothes just in case.

anyways, i should go and do something productive like clean my bathroom. i don't have much else to talk about right now besides myself, so my plan is to go out and get a life so i'm not so boring.

ttfn

2 Comments:

  • Ky told me that the Victoria interview went well! I'm still hoping, for your sake, that you get an internship close to your parents, but what fun would it be having you here! Ky figures we could watch movies and be sarcastic about them. And visit the fugly blog and be snarky about starlets.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 8:00 PM  

  • JAG? My dad loved that show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home