amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

10.13.2005

pity

over the past week, i have come to realize that saskatoon must be the international home of dopplegangers. in fact, i saw bea aruthur at superstore yesterday. she trumps my giraldo rivera sighting at my local corner store on tuesday. well - i suppose my revelation should be changed - saskatoon is the international home of the most unfortunate dopplegangers. i think i should start a collection of sightings, and rank each with a points system. for example:

5 points: (crappy to look like)
-rosie o'donnell
-girlado rivera
-kathy griffen

10 points: (you might want to consider a mask)
-bea arthur
-sandra bernhardt
-roseanne barr

50 points: (i hope there is really only one out there)
-carrot top
-danny bonaduce
-stephen cojocaru

looks like i'm in the lead with 15. any dopplegangers in your city?

8 Comments:

  • Apparently there are dopplegangers of me running around Edmonton. My Auntie Carolyn once started getting the paper because the paper girl looked so much like me that she couldn't say no.
    And then Jen saw somebody that looked like me and it totally freaked her out.
    So do Auntie Carolyn and Jen have 50 pts each??

    By Blogger LynnieC, at 11:05 PM  

  • ha! no, i'd say 10. but i'm surprised there was no backlash from you with the danny bonaduce comment. i put that in there special just for you.

    By Blogger justanothergirl, at 7:15 AM  

  • Last August I was convinced Colin Farrell's younger, uglier brother was stalking me. I ran into him 3 times in one week. I had seen him for the first time a couple weeks earlier at the bank. He was ahead of me then started to walk waaaaaaay slower so he was behind me. He wanted to check me out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

  • Charlton Heston was the (Anglican) priest at my friend's wedding.

    And of course there was the Fonzie in the KHS building, who had the hair of Adam from Northern Exposure.

    Any points?

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 12:57 PM  

  • Yes! Rob Reiner. i think he'd be awarded a 'participation' ribbon. like the ones they give the losing soccer teams when you're like 8. it's like 'thanks for playing, but you suck'.

    and mary: charlton heston deserves like 75 points for a)being insane and b) his doppleganger is a priest? isn't that the hugest portion of irony you've seen all day?

    By Blogger justanothergirl, at 3:39 PM  

  • I knew that Danny Bonaduce was in there just for me but I didn't want to rise to the bait. However, since I AM wearing my Partridge Family t-shirt today...
    You BITCH!! He's dreamy. And he's made his drunken marriage to a total stranger work for 11 years.
    That takes some spunk!

    By Blogger LynnieC, at 4:48 PM  

  • I love Danny Bonaduce. If there is a doppleganger of him, make sure to get his phone number. He's sexy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 PM  

  • I just got an e-mail from my twin (his name's Justin, and he went to Europe with Lyn and me), and there's the potential that next year there'll be a male doppelganger of ME living in my city!

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home