amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

9.04.2005

melting

i'm back in my apartment for the school year, and i'm hotter that a grilled tortilla. i don't know how to work the a/c, and my window is on the side of the building that isn't getting any air. what? is that even possible? this is saskatchewan, every window should have some kind of wind blowing into it.

anyways, i'm back for the last year. and to start things off right, i have been sitting on my butt watching season one of the oc, and downloading tunes. i have been away from my music all summer, so i'm going to be up all night updating my collection.

the past few days haven't been too exciting, but last night i went to wal-mart right before closing. not usually eventfull, but this time was an exception. i was quietly walking through the shoe section minding my business when a young male employee comes over the speakers in the store. "attention winnepeg bluebombers fans" he says. already, i'm intrigued. "i am pleased to announce that saskatchewan will win tomorrow. thank you, goodnight." and it is at this point where i make a 'whoop' and laugh to myself. as if that kid isn't going to get spanked by his manager later. but that was awesome. and the sweeter part of it all? riders did win. booyeah.

two days until real life returns.

2 Comments:

  • You just made my husband's day by telling him that the Riders won. He actually yelled when he found out. I was just telling him it as a funny story -- didn't know he didn't know.

    Oh, how I wanted to make announcements like that when I worked at the office supply store. We saved that for when it was Saturdays when we had no customers. We were bowling with office supplies on a May Long Weekend (We only had customers from businesses! Why did they make four of us work on the Saturday of May Long Weekend? Psychos.), and whenever the furniture guy left, we'd call him back by announcing, "Pin monkey to the retail store. Pin monkey to the retail store." Because he set up our pins for us. Like on Flintstones. Awkward pause.

    The end.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 11:30 PM  

  • That walmart employee is my new role model along with Chad & Danforth (contestants on Lingo yesterday). The are the coolest cats in the cave.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home