amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

7.16.2005

half-blooded

it's like i knew it was coming. i awoke in a flurry, (sans alarm clock) and had my toothbrush in my mouth when the doorbell rang. 'iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttts here!' - i ran to my room, threw on a hoodie to disguise the fact that i wasn't in a bra, ran upstairs and flew open the door. nothing.

but...the doorbell just rang. surely, my mind wasn't playing tricks. it was just shortly after 9am, but i was already wide awake. i stepped onto my doorstep, messy ponytail, sleep still in my eyes, and then i saw it. the shiny, red, boxy truck that was to bring me what i had been waiting for three months to enjoy. aaaah, the new harry potter.

it was then that i started to flail my arms and get the drivers attention. 'oh, you're home' he said as he hopped out of the truck from where he had been writing my delivery notice and thrust a pint size package into my hands. 'yeah, in bed' i replied, and grabbed it - muttered a 'thank you' and bounced back inside, did a victory dance, and cut open the package.

and now, for the last two hours i have been gloriously basking in a saturday morning of reading my delicious new harry potter book, curled up in my leather club chair with a coffee.

now all i need is an evening hanging out with summer crush, and it will be the perfect saturday. and, i think an evening such as that is in the works. yay to me.

2 Comments:

  • Amanda who is this summer crush person? Uhh... details?!?!

    By Blogger Fishsticks, at 2:31 PM  

  • Dude, you did miss the best wedding ever. It was so good that I have waited 2 whole days before starting Harry Potter. Bronwyn, hold all my calls. I'm reading.

    By Blogger LynnieC, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home