amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

3.17.2005

funk

i need it to be summer. right now.

i need to sit on a patio on a summer evening and drink iced tea. i need to run around in a field after a plastic disk. i need to have nights filled with movies with a summer crush. i need to sit in my garage on a lawnchair, watch the sunset and barbeque. i need to sleep in my bed with my crisp white linens and wake up to the summer sun in my room. i need to wake up and buy fresh flowers at the market on a saturday. i need to sit outside in majors hill park and listen to music. i need to stroll downtown. i need to hug my parents. i need to hug my friends. i need to buy some vans checkerboard slip-ons. i need to drive across the country. i need to eat shawarma. i need to walk along the canal, smell the tulips, drive through quebec, go to museums, wear some capris, drink a slurpee, and play some scrabble.

i need a freaking break.

1 Comments:

  • Great. Now I'll never get work done. It's summer inside my mind now. And in the summer you don't need to do homework. Nope, it doesn't matter what time you go to bed, and you end up watching Gone With the Wind in the middle of the night, just because it's on. And you go for two months without wearing socks. Stupid socks. Stupid dry house because of the furnace. Stupid feels like it's early January outside.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home