amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

11.01.2007

children cross their hearts and hope to die

last night i had a dream that my house was on fire.

not my whole house though. i smelled smoke, and noticed that one of the shirts piled in my closet was getting singed. i walked over, and realized that the electrical sockets were glowing, and there was a fire brewing in the walls.

so, i ran to call 9-1-1. which i could do (which was a relief, as an old recurring dream of mine was that i could never actually dial 9-1-1 correctly), and i asked for a fire truck to come. then the operator asked what kind of response i wanted. and i said, 'quick!'. so she then informed me that in my city, the real fire fighters didn't start until 4:30 am (and it was only 3:30 am at the time) so she would have to send out community fire fighters.

so, after hanging up i ran back to my room to collect whatever i thought i could save from the fire. and what did i search for? what did i want to take out of the fire? pictures? my blanket? passport? wallet? no. i was digging around trying to find my marc jacobs purse.

priorities, my friends.

the good news was the firemen (the two of them, dressed in plain clothes...and of course totally hot) showed up, and determined the fire could be put out. what did they use to extinguish it? soft boiled eggs. yup. they just took some eggs, and stuck them in the electrical sockets.

apparently, i need to give up my crack addiction.

*burn the witch - queens of the stone age*

1 Comments:

  • Dude. At least give up crack before bed. That is messed.

    By Blogger Bronwyn, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home