amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

10.16.2006

sickly

so it turns out it's a good thing i didn't travel this weekend. saturday i got some sneezes and sniffles, which when sunday rolled around turned into a full blown cold and stomach flu. i have basically been laying on my futon for the past few days surrounded by a pile of kleenex drinking warm tea, sleeping, and watching bad television. i imagine had i been on an airplane in this state, my head would have imploded. so for the sake of my head staying in one peice and those lovely westjetters not having to clean up imploded head off the airplane, i'm glad i stayed home.

being sick sucks. i haven't been able to taste/smell anything for two days. which is most likely a good thing, since i probobly stink. i'm sure my landlady is most likely wondering at this point if i have actually died, and she is smelling my rotting body. not to worry landlady, that's not decomp: i just haven't showered in two days.

i took the day off from work today to hack/drool/sneeze in peace at home. i'm thinking i'll forge my way back to work tomorrow.

i'm not too sure where i was going with this post. i'm too hopped up on dayquil to focus on one task for longer than two minutes.

i'm going to go now.

1 Comments:

  • Seriously, I did the "flying WestJet with a headcold thing," and it's the worst sort of hell I can imagine. Especially because Regina Airport still wouldn't let me take any liquid onto the plane, even if it was purchased in the terminal (it was the day the law changed). The combination of the changing air pressure, the sinus pressue, being trapped in a small space for several hours, and running out of Kleenex? So not worth it.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home