amanda...throws acorns with surprising accuracy

12.02.2005

moving along

one day of classes left in my undergrad degree. it took me five years, thousands of hours of studying, hundreds of ounces of alcohol, and a little help from my friends, but the moment has finally arrived.

what am i doing to celebrate my second last day? i'm making supper for my friend L and i. mmm. what's on the menu? (please keep in mind everything has been/will be made directly from scratch. whatchoo been scratchin' you ask? that's my secret) roasted red pepper dip with pita to start. then, ceasar salad and veggie sheperds pie. (L is a vegetarian)

then, after a lovely meal, it's time to start to hit the books for finals. i have a new sense of motivation after some of the events which have transpired over the past few days. wednesday just happened to be my lucky day...i got phoned for two residency interviews, at opposite ends of the country. one, in lovely and temperate vancouver, the other in ottawa (my holy grail of residency programs).

both interviews are scheduled to occur at a future date, but both are promising. i'm keeping my fingers crossed, and with any luck i'll be sitting somewhere as a hospital resident next year on december 2nd.

2 Comments:

  • Two calls for interviews! Congratulations! I'm rooting for you to get Ottawa, so you can live at home and stuff.

    By Blogger Queen of West Procrastination, at 5:10 PM  

  • It totally is Sister Kate. The little boy was eating the soup that the little girl made "from scratch". And then came the line. Sigh. I think the show was on for a total of 12 seconds and it still made one of the best lines EVER!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home